SWOP is expanding its Council!
We have leadership positions available on the SWOP Council! These positions are for dedicated people interested in leading groups related to SWOP organizational leadership, community organizing, event planning, outreach, and/or professional development. Members of The Council have voting rights in the organization and are crucial to the leadership and development of SWOP. The Council is led by current and former sex workers, and is the driving force behind SWOP-Seattle.
- Sex Worker Community (SEPIA) Coordinator
- Media Engagement Lead
- Strategic Partnerships & Community Ambassador
- Treasury & Bookkeeper
- Other opportunities available…what are your skills and specialties?
Volunteer Roles & Responsibilities
The following roles are available for people seeking to support our upcoming live events.
We will be having a live training for all interested volunteers on Sunday, December 9, 2018 from 12:00pm-3:00pm at Gay City auditorium, 517 E Pike St.
Tabling – Information/Merchandise
- Cashiering / Square app, Asking for donations / newsletter sign ups, answering general questions
- Tickets / Guest lists
- Working with door security at clubs (IDs)
- Directing people
- Community interactions – sliding scale
Fundraising – Raffles/Auctions/Misc
- Each event is different! We have some formats to follow
- Dec 17th/SASS
- Flexible to step into whatever needs fulfilling
- Understands many of the different roles
Set up and cleaning
- Often requires lifting and moving items
- Minimum 1hr before / 1hr after events
- Sometimes turns into general help
- Community standards – consent, isms, photo policy
- Interacting with law enforcement