Volunteer with SWOP Seattle
We are always looking for volunteers to help us out, get our message out and make a difference with outreach! If you are interested in participating, volunteering or providing support, please fill out our:
Sex workers and Retired Sex workers
Consider joining SEPIA! “The Society of Erotic Professionals In Action.”
Are you looking to make friends with other local sex workers, attend events, contribute to the growth of others, add safety resources or otherwise help make a difference in the sex work community?
SEPIA is a community group of sex workers and retired sex workers, and the core organizers for SWOP-Seattle. SEPIA hosts monthly planning meetings, brunch socials, skill-shares, and other special events. Members of SEPIA are empowered individuals who desire to create community, and to elevate safety and professional standards within the sex industry.
Please also refer to our resources guide for more information on how to involve yourself in a variety of on-line communities. There is no need to feel alone!
Allies and Community Members
Here are some examples for how you can participate in SWOP-Seattle!
- Join our email list and/or subscribe to RSS feeds to stay current with us. Scroll to the bottom of this page to the “Get Our Newsletter” button to subscribe.
- Donate to our general operating budget via PayPal or in-person at events.
- Attend scheduled meetings and special events.
- Submit contributions for the Resources Guide and Blog.
- Volunteer to help coordinate events and projects.
- Participate politically by contacting your elected representatives and contributing newspaper editorials about those issues near and dear to our hearts.
- Speak up when someone tells a “dead hooker” joke, or when someone disempowers sex workers though their words or actions. Public support is powerful support!